The perfect boiled egg
How to Make The perfect boiled egg
- gently place eggs in a sauce pan big enough to leave a little room between the eggs
- add enough water to cover all your eggs
- Cover and place over med high heat
- Bring to a boil and let boil 1 or 2 minutes more, letting it get to a rolling boil.
- remove pan from the heat and let eggs remain in the water. Grandma always said forget about them for a while. I find 15 or 20 minutes is perfect timing to prevent the green rim around the yolk.
- After letting the eggs sit , pour the warm water out of the pan and cover the eggs in cold water to cool them down.
- To peel your eggs, put 3 or 4 eggs into a sauce pan, add 1 to 2 inches of cold water.
- Place lid on pan and hold in place with your hands. Shake the pan strong enough to knock the eggs around, but not too vigorously or you will have scrambled eggs.
- lift the lid and you should find the shells cracked and beginning to fall off. under running cold water gently remove the shell.
- your hard boiled eggs are ready to use in your favorite recipe.