Pickled Peppers and Onions
- 1/2 small
- red onion, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- ice water
- red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide strips
- yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide strips
- green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1 c
- white vinegar
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- dried crushed red pepper
How to Make Pickled Peppers and Onions
- 1Soak onion slices in ice water to cover in a small bowl 10 minutes; drain. Place the onion slices and bell pepper strips in one 1-quart canning jar.
- 2Bring vinegar, next 3 ingredients, and 1 cup water to a boil in a small nonaluminum saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the vegetables in the jar. Let stand, uncovered, for 1 hour. Cover and chill 24 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.