But, you can treat Polenta as a main dish. Just add herbs of your choice and a bit more cheese.
Polenta pairs well with most whites, both the more common whites as well as aromatic whites work well.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 ccornmeal; coarse−grain
1/2 cparmigiano-reggiano cheese
How to Make Creamy Polenta
- Bring the water to a boil in a large heavy pot.
- Add the salt and reduce the heat until water is just simmering.
- Pour the cornmeal in a thin stream into the water while constantly stirring. To avoid lumps, stir quickly with a whisk while adding cornmeal. If you notice clumps, stop adding cornmeal from time to time and beat the mixture vigorously.
- Cook, stirring regularly for 20 to 30 minutes. The Polenta will become very thick while cooking. It is done when it comes away cleanly from the sides of the pot.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter and cheese. Stir until combined.