Spicy Jalapeno Mustard
How to Make Spicy Jalapeno Mustard
- Halve jalapenos lengthwise; reserve and remove seeds. Finely chop peppers to yield 4 cups.
- combine jalapenos, vinegar, water and salt in a large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat about 8 minutes. Add 1-3 tablespoons of the reserved seed to the jalapeno mixture, according to taste.
- Combine sugar, flour, turmeric, and dry mustard in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in yellow mustard.
- Add the mustard mixture to the jalapeno mixture and mix well. Simmer about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Spoon into 10 hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Seal with two piece lids. Process in hot water bath for 10-15 minutes.
- Set jars in a draft-free place and allow to set for 24 hours. Jars or mustard will last 1 year if unopened.