BENEDICTINE SPREAD OR DIP
8 ozcream cheese, softened
3 Tbspcucumber juice (1 medium-small fresh cucumber)
1 Tbspsweet onion juice (1 small onion or 1/2 large)
1/4 to 1/3 tspsalt (to your taste)
1/2 tsplemon juice
5 dropsgreen food color gel (optional, but traditional)
How to Make BENEDICTINE SPREAD OR DIP
- Measure 3 tablespoons cucumber juice into a small saucepan. Discard remaining juice and pulp.
- Repeat process with onion for 1 tablespoon juice to add to cucumber juice in pan.
- Place pan over high heat, bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat. (This will tame the cucumber and make it friendlier to the tummy.)
- To the warm juice, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice and 5 drops of green food color gel; stir and mix well; set aside.
- Gradually add juice, mixing until well incorporated and smooth.