Gramp's Chili Sauce
1sweet red pepper
3 Tbspwhole pickling spice in cheescloth
1 qtwhite vinegar
How to Make Gramp's Chili Sauce
- Peel and core tomatoes. Let stand overnight and drain well
- Dice Tomatoes, onions, Apples, Peaches, Green and Red peppers and place in a large pot
- Add all other ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.
- If the mixture seems thin, some tomato paste can be added as necessary. This shouldn't be required if you drained the tomatoes well!
- Place in sterilized pint jars and seal. Makes 6-9 pints