SWEET POTATO CARAMEL
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 lb
- sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 c
How to Make SWEET POTATO CARAMEL
- 1Preheat heat oven to 425 degrees. Place chopped potatoes and ½ cup of water into a 9"x13" baking dish,covered with foil. Bake for 1 hour covered and 15 minutes uncovered. Remove dish from oven and add remaining half cup of water to loosen up any bits in the baking dish.
- 2Place all the solids and liquids into a strainer lined with cheesecloth. Let drain into a saucepan and cool for 30 minutes. Once cool enough to handle,squeeze as much liquid out from the potatoes in cheesecloth as possible. You should end up with a cup and a half of liquid.
- 3In a saucepan,bring the sweet potato liquid to a boil,then reduce heat for a steady simmer. Allow the liquid to reduce for 15–20 minutes until it starts to thicken and starts to form a caramel. Stir often in the final minutes.
- 4If you wanted to, you could add a little butter and sugar to sweeten it up even more. Pour into a jar and in store the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Can be served with roast meats or as a sauce over ice cream or brownies. Oh, and don’t forget to eat the leftover sweet potato mash!