Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce
How to Make Oven-Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
Line a casserole pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the stems, making a hole for the garlic cloves.
- Stick the clove deep into each tomato.
- Rub EVOO all over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 3 hours or until tomatoes are completely soft and the garlic cloves are slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, leaving all the juice behind, and blend the tomatoes in a blender or food processor for 10-15 seconds. Season with salt and pepper, basil or oregano.
- Refrigerate up to 5 days, or freeze.