Mustard Glaze for Ham or Other Meats
Rose Mary Mogan
I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED COOKING TO PLEASE FAMILY & FRIENDS, & IN LOOKING AT some of my old pictures, I came across this one, you may enjoy. Use it on Chicken or Pork Chops or what ever, even Meat Loaf. It is simple & easy. Give it a try. Double Recipe if you have a large ham.
Back in the day, I only concentrated on taking a picture of the finished product, not step by step like I do today. This is simple & so easy. I used Kale & Grapes frosted with sugar as a garnish.
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp
- honey or light molasses
- 3/4 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp
- dry mustard
- enough orange juice to create spreading consistency
BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
How to Make Mustard Glaze for Ham or Other Meats
- 1If baking a large ham or lots of meats (double glaze ingredients).Work out lumps in brown sugar before blending with other ingredients.
- 2FOR MUSTARD GLAZE:Add the brown sugar, mustard and honey or molasses to a small bowl, then whisk together till blended, and add glaze to ham or meats during the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
- 3FOR BROWN SUGAR GLAZE: USE YOUR FINGERS TO WORK OUT ANY LUMPS, then combine brown sugar and dry mustard together then slowly add enough fresh orange juice until mixture reaches spreading consistency stirring as you go. Can heat if desired. Then spread over ham during last half hour of baking.