MINT JELLY BY EDDIE
How to Make MINT JELLY BY EDDIE
- 1Rinse off the mint leaves and place them into a large sauce pan. Crush with a potato masher or the bottom of a glass. Add water and bring the mint to a boil. Remove from heat cover and let stand for 10 minutes, strain and measure out 1 2/3 cup of mint.
- 2Place the pan over high heat, bring to a boil stirring constantly. Once the mixture is boiling stir in the pectin. Boil the mixture for a full minute while stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat and skim off any foam using a large METAL spoon. Transfer the mixture to hot sterile jar's and seal.
- 4Bring water bath canner to a boil over high heat. Lower the jar's into the canner using the jar lifter leave a 2 inch space between the jar's. Pour in more water if necessary until boiling.
- 5The eater level should be at least 1 inch above the top jar's Bring water to full boil. When water starts bioling time for 10 minutes