Smothered Rabbit /Chicken
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- small onion cut in strips
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 lb
- rabbit or chicken (marinaded at least 8hr.or overnight)
- 2 c
- 2 tsp
- paprika, sweet mild
- 2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- chicken bouillon
INGREDIENTS FOR DREDGING MEAT
How to Make Smothered Rabbit /Chicken
- 1mix marinade in ziplock bag. wash meat and put in bag,seal bag and rub meat with marinade,lay flat on a cookie sheet refrigerate.turn bag often
- 2when ready to cook your meat,take meat out of bag and rinse thoroughly.rinse the onion,set aside.
- 3mix flour,paprika,salt in ziplock bag or bowl dredge chicken in flour mix shaking off extra flour.
- 4in large skillet,heat butter and oil on med. high until sizzling do not burn. add meat, turn down to med. let cook for 10 min, each side, add more butter and oil if needed,your meat should be golden on both sides.
- 5if there more than about 2 tablespoons of oil/butter left in pan drain off. now pour your chicken broth over meat add your rinsed onion from your marinade, add bouillon
- 6let simmer on med.low for and 1 - 1 1/2 hours, all depends on how big your pieces are. DO NOT COVER.
- 7This makes a gravy out of this world. I serve with mashed potatoes or rice and buttermilk biscuits,and a green veg. or fresh salad