1 can(s)chick peas or garbanzo beans
1/4 clemon juice
1/4 colive oil
1/2-1 tspfresh minced garlic
·salt and pepper to taste
8-10sun dried tomato halves, diced fine
How to Make Yummus
- Dump everything but tomato in a blender or food processor and whir until smooth.
- Add sun dried tomato bits and pulse until combined.
Refrigerate in air tight container several hours or overnight.
1) Measurements are approximate -- I don't measure when I make this. Adjust any ingredient to suit you.
2) I use minced garlic in a jar for this recipe. I've used plain and roasted garlic, both are great.
3) Many variations are possible. If you like, try substituting roasted eggplant, roasted red pepper, Kalamata olives, artichoke, or jalapeno for the sun dried tomato, or experiment with combinations to find your favorite :)
4) You could eat this right away, but don't -- it's ever so much better if you prepare it a day ahead, and let the flavors meld overnight. It just gets better and better.
5) Serve with a variety of dippers, like bagel or pita chips, pretzels or crackers, celery and cucumber sticks, carrots, mini bell peppers or pepper strips... Enjoy!