I edited the original recipe that I found to reflect my personal tastes. Use whichever pepper makes you happiest & as much as you like. I prefer my onion grated vs. eating chunks of raw onion. Use your best olive oil in this, too.
- avocados, pitted & scooped from shell
- tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- onion, small, minced or grated
- hot chile peppers, finely chopped, to taste (as many as you want!)
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Venezuelan Guasacaca
- 1Mash the avocados well with a potato masher or fork, leaving them slightly chunky.
- 2Stir in the rest of the ingredients, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
- 3Guasacaca Variations
**Mix in some chopped parsley or cilantro if you like.
**The tomato is sometimes eliminated from the recipe.