Aunt Kathy's Fresh Spinach Dip
- 1 lb
- fresh spinach
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- shallot, finely diced
- 2 clove
- garlic,finely minced
- 1 c
- greek style yogurt
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c
- crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Aunt Kathy's Fresh Spinach Dip
- 1Soak spinach in a large bowl of water to remove any grit, drain and repeat if necessary.
- 2Place spinach in a saucepan, there should be enough water on the leaves -so you won't need any oil.
Place the saucepan over high heat and let the spinach wilt, tossing in the pan-so as not to scorch.
- 3When the spinach is wilted, remove from heat and place in a strainer. Drain and let cool. When cool, gather the leaves and squeeze out as much water as possible.(you will end up with just a small handfull of spinach)
- 4Chop the spinach and place in a mixing bowl. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3 -4 minutes or until the shallots are golden brown.
- 5Add the shallot mixture to spinach bowl. Now add the yogurt and lemon juice and combine. Add the feta and mix together.
A salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.