Aunt Kathy's Fresh Spinach Dip
1 lbfresh spinach
2 tspolive oil
1 mediumshallot, finely diced
2 clovegarlic,finely minced
1 cgreek style yogurt
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/3 ccrumbled feta cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Aunt Kathy's Fresh Spinach Dip
- Soak spinach in a large bowl of water to remove any grit, drain and repeat if necessary.
- Place spinach in a saucepan, there should be enough water on the leaves -so you won't need any oil.
Place the saucepan over high heat and let the spinach wilt, tossing in the pan-so as not to scorch.
- When the spinach is wilted, remove from heat and place in a strainer. Drain and let cool. When cool, gather the leaves and squeeze out as much water as possible.(you will end up with just a small handfull of spinach)
- Chop the spinach and place in a mixing bowl. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3 -4 minutes or until the shallots are golden brown.
- Add the shallot mixture to spinach bowl. Now add the yogurt and lemon juice and combine. Add the feta and mix together.
A salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.