- 1 oz
- salt pork, washed and diced
- 2 oz
- lean ham, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp
- dried oregano
- onion, finely chopped
- green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- sweet chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- fresh culantro leaves (note: culantro is different than cilantro, but may be substituted if necessary. use 2-3 tbsp finely chopped)
- 2 clove
- garlic, peeled and finely chopped
How to Make Sofrito Feliciano
- 1In a small skillet (I use cast iron), brown the salt pork and ham rapidly over high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- 2Add in the olive oil, oregano, onion, peppers, culantro leaves, and garlic. Sauté about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Ingredients are optional and can be adjusted to taste. Use in recipes calling for Sofrito, or to season meats, rice, and vegetable dishes.
- 4Culantro (Plant)
Eryngium foetidum is a tropical perennial and annual herb in the family Apiaceae. Common names include culantro, Mexican coriander and long coriander. It is native to Mexico and South America, but is cultivated worldwide.