Lillianna's Fire Grilled Salsa
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 to 8
- ripe roma tomatoes(cut in half)
- 1 medium
- yellow onion ( cut into 4's)
- fresh jalapenos (remove stem)
- 1 can(s)
- crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch
- fresh cleaned cilantro
- 6 clove
- fresh peeled garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- enough olive oil to lightly coat vegetables
How to Make Lillianna's Fire Grilled Salsa
- 1Using a medium size piece of foil put garlic cloves and small amount of olive oil. Fold foil up to form a bowl. Place on grill and cook until it becomes golden brown. Remove and set aside. (do not drain off oil)
- 2Toss tomatoes, onion, and jalapenos lightly with olive oil. Put tomatoes on the grill skin side down. Let vegetables cook until it gets a good blacken char. Turning over once or twice. Remove from grill.
- 3In a blender or food processor combine garlic, grilled tomatoes, onion, jalapenos,cilantro, lime juice,and salt. Using the pulse button, press 4 to 5 times. Pulse more or less depending on your taste of consistency, I usually make it chunky (its ok if there are chunks of garlic or onion, it adds to the flavor) After you have gotten your salsa to the consistency that you want pour into a larger bowl and add can of crushed tomatoes. Using a spoon stir all ingredients together. Serve with chips or grilled chicken.
Note: you can adjust the amount of salt and how hot you prefer your salsa by increasing or decreasing these 2 ingredient.