Exotic Apple Salsa
- granny smith apples
- fuji apple
- small papaya
- medium red onion
- roma tomatoes
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- juice from one lime
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- 4 Tbsp
- dashes of salt, black pepper and cayanne pepper, to taste
How to Make Exotic Apple Salsa
- 1Get a big mixing bowl ready.
- 2Peel apples and kiwis and dice both into small chunks. Place in bowl. Peel and dice orange, removing any seeds, and add to bowl.
- 3Dice the plums and tomatillos and add to bowl.
- 5Finely dice onion, jalapeno and bell peppers (discard any seeds!). Add to bowl.
- 6Now give it all a good mix. Cover bowl and set in fridge while preparing the bittermelon:
- 9Take salsa out of fridge. Dice up the tomatoes and cilantro and add to bowl, and also add the lime and lemon juice, and add a few dashes of salt, black pepper and at least 2 dashes of cayanne pepper. Mix.
- 10Drain your bittermelon. Add to salsa. Also add the rest of the honey. Mix and taste. Probably you will add some more dashes of salt, pepper and cayanne (this is a good salsa to make a little spicy). Refridgerate at least 3 hours before serving; better if overnight.