Truvía® Watermelon Jelly
Getting creative a few years ago, I saw a watermelon rind pickles at a local street festival, and I thought why can't I make watermelon jam? I got to work, and though it seemed to take a lot of watermelon, the results were amazing!
How to Make Truvía® Watermelon Jelly
- Combine watermelon puree, sugar and lemon juice in a large, non-reactive pot. Bring to a boil and let it boil vigorously until the temperature of mixture reaches 220 degrees F.
- Add the powdered pectin and boil for an additional five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into clean, 1/2 or 1/4 pint sterilized jars. Wipe rims, apply lids and screw on bands. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, remove from canner and let jars cool completely. When the jars are cool enough to handle, test seals. Store in a cool, dark place for up to one year.
- ***** using Truvía® Baking Blend= 760 Calo over sugar= 3,040 Calo