Sweet & Tart Basil Jelly
- 1 1/2 c
- loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 c
- white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 c
- 5 1/2 c
- pouches liquid pectin
- drops green food coloring
How to Make Sweet & Tart Basil Jelly
- 1Combine basil leaves, vinegar & lemon juice in a large, nonreactive saucepan for 15 minutes. While basil is mixture is resting, prepare jars.
- 2Add water and food coloring to basil mixture. Heat until just beginning to boil. Add sugar all at once and stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to a hard boil that cannot be stirred down.
- 3Quickly add the pectin (I snip open the packets in advance and have them standing in a coffee mug nearby). Return to a hard boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil for one minute.
- 4Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove and discard basil leaves. Fill jars and wipe rims. Add lids and tighten to finger-tip tight. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.