Sugar Free Rhubarb Jam
Also, I only had green rhubarb, so I added a little red coloring to make it more appealing.
It has a nice tart zing, but is considerably healthier than traditional jam.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 jar(s)canning jars with lids
4 ccooked rhubarb (or 6 cups raw,diced)
1 cerythritol (i use swerve), granulated
16 pkgsplenda packets (i don't use splenda often so just have packets)
1 pkgno sugar needed pectin
How to Make Sugar Free Rhubarb Jam
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water. (1 cup jars are suggested.)
- Cooking rhubarb: add 6 cups of chopped to a pot with 1/2 cup of water. Cook down until rhubarb can be smashed with the back of a spoon.
Once rhubarb reaches this stage, smash it and take it off the burner.
- Measure out rhubarb to make sure you have 4 cups, put back into pan. Add erythritol, Splenda, and butter. Return pan to burner and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add packet of No Sugar pectin. Time for 2 minutes (this will give you a less gummy jam). At 2 minutes remove from heat.
- In dry, sterilized 1 cup jars; use a funnel to ladle jam. Add lids and set aside to cool. These will need to be refrigerated or frozen (NOT SHELF STABLE).