Peach/Mango/Jalapeno Chutney (canning recipe)
I adore peaches, and am very partial to mangoes as well... now throw in a jalapeno and I will... what do my amazing Southern Belle's say?? Oh yes, "stand right up and slap your grandma"!! *grin*
Something about the sweetness of the peaches and mangoes, the spiciness of the fresh ginger and the fire of the jalapenos all together in a vinegar and brown sugar bath. Well my mouth is drooling as we speak!!
- 4 c
- peaches, skins removed and pitted, diced
- mango, skin and pit removed, diced
- jalapeno peppers, seeds and membranes removed, diced fine
- 1 large
- onion diced
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh ginger root finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- sure jel for fruits and veggies
- 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pinch of pepper
How to Make Peach/Mango/Jalapeno Chutney (canning recipe)
- 3Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes till onions have softened. Chutney is done, so you can either transfer the mixture to a container when cool and keep in fridge to use within 1 week, or.... cover and keep chutney hot for canning, instructions below.
Using tongs, (or if you have a canner, the jar lifter) take out the sterilized jars and lids from the water bath and dry them. Bring temperature up to high and let the water boil again.
Working quickly, you want hot jars and a hot mixture. Fill your sterilized jar with the chutney mixture leaving 1/4 - 1/2 inch of head space. Center lids on jars and then using the rings, tighten them. You want a good seal.
Place jars in the water bath (water should be well above 2 inches over the jars), and boil them for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from bath and let cool. Once cool, using your fingertip, press on the lid, it should be firmly in place.
Yield: 5 half pint jars