I was given a jar of this jelly over 30 years ago with the recipe by one of my best friends. For several years we made this together for our families. When her children no longer wanted it I started making it for my family and friends. Even now, my grown children ask me to make this for them. This is a favorite of theirs.
It tastes like a mix of apple jelly and honey to us.
- 1 qt
- dandlion blossoms, packed
- 2 qt
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 pkg
- sure jel
- 51/2 c
- 3-4 pint jar(s)
- clean and sterilized
How to Make Dandelion Jelly
- 1Pick dandelions in full bloom. Cap at stem end. Wash well in cool water.
- 2Boil blossoms in 2 qts. water for 3 minutes. Strain. Push or squeeze to extract all the juice. Cool slightly.
- 3Measure out 3 cups of the dandelion juice, 2Tbls. lemon juice and 1 Pkg. sure jel into a stainless steel or enamaled 4 quart pot. Bring to a boil.
- 4Add 51/2 cups sugar and hard boil for 21/2 minutes, stirring constantly,
- 5Pour into sterilized jars.