Blueberry, Lemon and Chile Jam
This is not my recipe, but I changed it up a bit, so I guess now it is. :)
If you are giving these as gifts you could also place a small chile in there before you pour the jam in the jars. As with most of my jams, you can take the remnants of jar & add pure maple syrup, mix well for a nice breakfast treat.
You could also dilute with a white wine vinegar for salad dressing.
- 7 c
- blueberries, rinsed (fresh or frozen) divided - 6 cups and 1 cup
- 2 1/4 c
- raw sugar
- long cinnamon stick or 3 small
- 2 large
- jalapenos, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 medium
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- habanero pepper, seeded & veined & fine chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh, chopped
How to Make Blueberry, Lemon and Chile Jam
- 1Place blueberries and sugar in a large pot. Stir well and allow the berries to macerate while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- 2With a vegetable peeler, zest your lemons (make sure you don't get the white bitter pith). Then cut the zest into fine strips, you need about 1/4 cup.
- 3Juice the lemons and strain, you need about 1/2 cup of juice (you may need another lemon for juice). Add the juice and the zest to the blueberries and stir well.
- 4Toast or heat your cinnamon stick(s) to bring out the flavor. (usually 1 - 2 minutes)
- 6Add the remaining cup of blueberries and the cilantro. Bring back to a boil and boil for 1 - 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and fill you hot jars. Process in hot water canner for 10 minutes.