Blueberry and Lavender Jam
How to Make Blueberry and Lavender Jam
- Put the lavender buds in a cup and pour 1/2 cup of boiling water over them, allow them to steep for one hour, strain the buds out and discard. Reserve the lavender "tea".
":NOTE:" you can do this in a shorter amount of time, as little as 10min but I think you need the extra time to get the full aroma from the buds.
- Combine blueberry mash, lavender tea, zest and juice from lemon in a large non reactive pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stir constantly to prevent burning, add sugar and pectin, return to a boil.
- Once mixture has come to a full rolling boil, boil for one minute. Remove from heat and skim off any foam. Put foam in saucer or bowl, reserve.
- Pour jam into prepared jars within 1/4 inch of top, put on lids.
- Process in water bath covered in water for 10min, turn off heat, allow to set 5min. Remove from water and set on dish towel on counter, cover with additional dish towel till you hear lids "pop". Store in cool dark place after 24 hours.
- Reserved jam "foam" may be eaten for breakfast the next morning or as a treat when your finished. Enjoy!!