SIMPLY DELICIOUS CRANBERRY SAUCE
How to Make SIMPLY DELICIOUS CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Wash and sort cranberries, removing any spoiled berries.
- Wash and core apples, and cut them into one-inch chunks.
- Place washed cranberries and apple chunks into a large soup kettle with 2 cups of water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, just so that the berries continue to simmer gently; continue cooking with the lid on until berries pop and apples are tender, stirring FREQUENTLY to avoid sticking an scorching.
- Run the cooked berry mixture through a food mill or sieve to remove berry skins and apple peelings.
- Add the sugar to the hot cranberries, stirring till sugar is dissolved.
- Ladle into jars and cool to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator, chilling until ready to serve. A simply delicious complement to your Thanksgiving. dinner.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for several months. Keeps in the freezer for a couple of years, or more.
YIELD: 2-3 quarts