Maureen's Artichoke Spinach Dip
- 2 pkg
- 8oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 Tbsp
- minced jarred garlic
- 1 tsp
- course ground pepper
- 1 pinch
- 5 oz
- parmesean, asiago, and romano blend, shredded or shaved
- 1 jar(s)
- marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pkg
- 5 oz baby spinach, stems removed and chopped (more if wanted)
- 3-4 oz
- heavy cream
How to Make Maureen's Artichoke Spinach Dip
- 1With a mixer on medium beat cream cheese, garlic, pepper and salt, adding a touch of the cream if needed.
- 2Add the chopped and drained (no need to pat artichokes dry, the liquid adds flavor) artichokes and cheese blend.
- 3Add in chopped spinach. While mixer is running add cream until the mixture is smooth. If you use jarred garlic and have extra wet artichokes you'll use less cream, if you use fresh garlic and have dry chokes you'll use more. Either way you don't want the mixture too wet, simply smooth.
- 4Taste for seasoning, add more salt/garlic/pepper if you'd like.
- 5Now it's time to eat! I generally make this the day before and put half into a tupperware, the other half into a saran wrap lined baby crockpot. I freeze the crock until the dip is hard enough to keep it's shape, then I remove it by pulling on the saran wrap and place into a freezer bag. When I'm ready to eat the dip I place it into a baby crock pot on warm and stir occasionally until it's melted. The dip is at it's best when it's completely melted.