Crockpot Taco Dip
How to Make Crockpot Taco Dip
- Crumble and cook hamburger until done on the stove. drain and add to crockpot
- While cooking hamburger cut up or rip tortilla's into small pieces, about the size of a nickel. doesn't have to be perfect because the tortilla's are going to dissolve anyways
- Add tomato juice, salsa and garlic salt to the hamburger. This is where you regulate the heat. I buy two jars hot and 1 medium on the salsa and that is pretty spicy. If you don't want really spicy buy mild or medium salsa.
- Start adding the tortilla's to the mixture. you want your mix to be a little soupy. I usually start with half the tortilla's then keep adding until it gets where I want it. Not soup but pretty juicy so the liquid will dissolve the tortilla's which will thicken the sauce.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours. once the tortilla's have dissolved it is ready and turn to warm. if it seems a little dry you can always add more salsa or tomato juice
- If you are in a hurry you can do all this on the stove. cook over low heat until tortilla's have dissolved and then transfer to crockpot to keep warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips such as Tostido's. This make a lot so I usually by 2 or 3 big bags of chips. If smaller get together reduce ingredients accordingly.
- Save the left overs because it is as good if not better the next day!