Betty's Tzatziki Dip
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 lb (500 g) tub of greek style yoghurt
·1 lebanese cucumber
·1 small fresh garlic clove, crushed (or use half of one if it's big)
·1/2 teaspoon salt
·2 tablespoons lemon juice
How to Make Betty's Tzatziki Dip
- Using a sharp knife, slice the cucumbers only removing the skin and the white part. You should have a remaining middle filled with seeds. Discard this or eat it while you keep going (I do the latter)
- Chop the cucumber "skins" as small and fine as you can. I aim for pieces the size of rice grains.
- Put the chopped cucumber in a clean cotton tea towel and sprinkle with the salt. Leave for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, pour in the yogurt , add the crushed garlic and lemon juice and give a stir.
- After 2 minutes wrap up the cucumber in the tea towel and over your kitchen sink squeeze - you'll have a stream of green cucumber liquid.
- Place the now squeezed cucumber in the yogurt mix and stir well.
- Cover and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours or even a few days. Serve and enjoy.