Tabbouleh (Parsley Salad)
2 cbulgur wheat, medium
4 bunchparsley, italian
1 1/2 cmint, fresh, choped
1 mediumonion, choped
4plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
2cucumbers, seeded, diced
to tasteground black pepper
1 1/2 clemon juice, fresh is best
1 colive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Tabbouleh (Parsley Salad)
- Soak bulgur in cold water for about an houre
- Rinse parsley well to wash away sand and grit. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Chop parsley. I use my food processor. It does a great job and is much faster. Be sure to use pulse so you don't chop it too fine.
- Drain bulgur and squeeze out excess water. You can do this in a large wire mesh strainer or using cheese cloth.
- In a large bowl, toss bulgur, parsley, onion, tomato, cucumber, salt, and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and oil. Toss thoroughly and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Traditionally eaten using Lebanese flat bread to scoop it up.