Elaine’s Crazy Quilt Bean Salad (circa 1965)
I sometimes substitute garbanzo beans for the lima beans. As long as you have a total of 1600 ml. beans, you can substitute any canned beans you like.
This is a good, balanced recipe. Not sweet like the beans you usually get in a deli.
- 1/4 c
- white vinegar
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 1/4 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 398 ml (15 oz) tin green beans
- 1 tin wax beans
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 1 tin lima beans
- 1 c. sliced celery
- ½ c. onions – sliced or diced
- ¼ c. green pepper (or yellow or red)
- garlic salt
How to Make Elaine’s Crazy Quilt Bean Salad (circa 1965)
- 1Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- 2Drain the beans and put in a very large bowl with a tight-fitting lid. Sprinkle with salt and mix.
- 3Add the fresh vegetables to the bowl. Sprinkle with garlic salt if you like.
- 4Pour dressing over mix in bowl and seal tight. Shake to mix. Let stand for one day in the fridge. Turn upside down occasionally to make sure bean mix is well-marinated.