WARM SUMMER FRUITS WITH SOUR CREAM AND BROWN SUGAR
Recipe & photo: diabetesforecast.org
- 4 medium
- ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced -- or --3 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 1 c
- fresh blueberries -- or -- frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 c
- reduced-far sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- fat-free milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar
How to Make WARM SUMMER FRUITS WITH SOUR CREAM AND BROWN SUGAR
- 1Place the peaches and blueberries in a 2-qt. flame-proof (not glass) baking dish and toss to combine.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, and vanilla; stir and mix well. spoon the sour cream mixture over the fruit, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 3Broil, carefully turning pan if necessary for 4 to 5 minutes on a preheated broiler rack which is 4 inches the the heat source. Dish is done when the fruit is warmed and the sugar is lightly browned. Serve at once.