Filled Croissant Roll Carrot
Inspired By: www.hungryhappenings.com
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury croissant rolls(6 count)
- sugar ice cream cones
- 1 large
- egg plus 1 teaspoon water for egg wash
- drops yellow liquid food coloring
- 1 or 2
- drops red liquid food coloring
- 1 1/2 c
- egg or ham salad or your favorite salad
- 1 bunch
- fresh dill or parsley
How to Make Filled Croissant Roll Carrot
- 1There is a note here for you:
I have made these with bakery bought croissants- cut off a little on the end and torn out the bread inside and stuffed with egg salad; worked out just fine-with less mess and time! You choose.
Preheat oven to 400^.
You can use the croissant, crescent roll or thawed bread dough.
Wrap the raw dough of your choice around a foil wrapped sugar cone and spray with oil.
- 2Wrap a roll or piece of dough around the foil wrapped cone overlapping in spiral fashion to resemble a carrot, leaving the end of the cone cup empty. (you can use this type metal form if you have them)
Place on non-stick foil lined baking sheet and using tinted egg wash brush the carrot shaped dough with the egg wash and place on the foil lined pan.
- 3Place in preheated oven for approximately 6-8 minutes or until they are golden brown. Turn the pastries after about 3-4 minutes so they bake evenly. Let the rolls cool for about 5 minutes and carefully remove the dough from the cone in a twisting motion.
- 4Fill each crescent with the salad of your choice. You can To decorate you can add dill or parsley. For best results fill the pastry with the salad just before you're ready to serve.