Summer Shrimp Salad
It's spicy, cool, crispy, salty, buttery, refreshing all at the same time.
- kent mangoes (the red-green oblong guys)
- 1 lb
- jumbo (15-tail) shrimp, frozen & ready cooked
- 1/2 c
- sweet basil
- jalapeno peppers
- 1 tsp
- curry powder
- 4 Tbsp
- ponzu sauce
How to Make Summer Shrimp Salad
- 1Remove shrimp from packaging and thaw them in cold water while you prepare the salad.
Wash and rinse the basil.
- 2Cut the jalapeno peppers into thin slices and add to a large bowl.
Grate the zest and squeeze the juice of the lime. Add both to the peppers.
Add the Ponzu and curry powder.
- 3Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin of the mangoes. Cut the fruit up into thin strips
and lay over the marinating jalapenos.
- 4Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove pits. Using a large spoon, scoop the flesh out,
slice into strips and add to the bowl.
Rinse the shrimp and toss with the ingredients in the bowl.
- 5Divide among four plates or bowls, sprinkle basil leaves on top and serve.