Summer Shrimp Salad
It's spicy, cool, crispy, salty, buttery, refreshing all at the same time.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2kent mangoes (the red-green oblong guys)
1 lbjumbo (15-tail) shrimp, frozen & ready cooked
1/2 csweet basil
1 tspcurry powder
4 Tbspponzu sauce
How to Make Summer Shrimp Salad
- Remove shrimp from packaging and thaw them in cold water while you prepare the salad.
Wash and rinse the basil.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers into thin slices and add to a large bowl.
Grate the zest and squeeze the juice of the lime. Add both to the peppers.
Add the Ponzu and curry powder.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin of the mangoes. Cut the fruit up into thin strips
and lay over the marinating jalapenos.
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove pits. Using a large spoon, scoop the flesh out,
slice into strips and add to the bowl.
Rinse the shrimp and toss with the ingredients in the bowl.
- Divide among four plates or bowls, sprinkle basil leaves on top and serve.