Pam's Tabouli / Taboulleh
Karl Strasser made this recipe using Quinoa and loved it. Thanks for trying it and adding your photos, Karl!
- 1 c
- cracked wheat ( i prefer medium bulgur #2)
- 3 to 4 c
- hot tap water
- 2 bunch
- fresh parsley, either curly or flat italian, minced very finely
- 1 large
- ripe tomato , diced into fine dice (1/4 to 3/8 inch dice)
- 1 medium
- cucumber, peeled and diced similar to tomato size, deseed if the seeds are large and tough.
- 3 to 5 medium
- scallions, chopped, white and part of green also
- 10 to 12
- spearmint leaves, minced very finely
- 1 small
- clove of garlic minced or 1/8 tsp garlic powder (optional but good)
- 1/2 c
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 to 3 tsp
- white wine vinegar (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste) can use seasoned salt if desired
Add wheat to the bowl with the veggies and lemon juice and toss to mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste (if using garlic powder, add it here). Again, stir and taste for seasonings. I recommend that you make this a day in advance and let it meld covered, overnight in the fridge.
When ready to serve, stir in the white wine vinegar and adjust seasonings which may have mellowed (or not)with storage. I like to serve this with lemon butter and thyme roasted chicken, mixed roasted veggies and warm flat bread.