Mum's Cabbage Salad
This was one of the salads Mum made that got gobbled up by everyone.
It is another special memory for me as Mum would give me the core to eat raw. I loved them :)
- head of cabbage, cored and diced
- 2 - 3
- green onions, chopped (tops only)
- tomato, sliced in wedges for garnish (or cherry tomatoes)
- 3 Tbsp
- miracle whip salad dressing
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp
- yellow mustard
- 1 tsp
- sugar (optional)
How to Make Mum's Cabbage Salad
- 7Thoroughly mix dressing through cabbage and onion. Press the cabbage to an even level in the bowl. Garnish the outside of the bowl with the tomato wedges. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- 8Note: I add the mustard a little at a time. I don't want a mustard yellow dressing. I add the dressing to the cabbage a little at a time until I get the right blend. You want everything lightly coated, but not wet. Discard any excess dressing. The sugar is optional, but I like the subtle sweetness and mustard taste the salad has with it.