Mom’s Caesar Salad Dressing
- egg beaten
- 2 tsp
- lea & perrins worchestershire sauce
- 1/2-1 clove
- garlic (i only use 1/2-3/4 of a clove but you canadjust to preference
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice concentrate or fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 c
- canola or vegetable oil (you can use olive but it does alter the flavour)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
How to Make Mom’s Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1Combine all ingredients except greens, and either shake well in a jar or put in blender or food processor. Refrigerate at least one hour (2-3 is better) to allow flavors to blend well.
Tear lettuce into a bowl (about 6 cups to serve 4 people) Note: I have been making and eating this dressing using a raw egg for over 20 years, but if you are nervous about that you can coddle the egg first before mixing it in.
- 2Sprinkle greens with Parmesan cheese. Add dressing just before serving to avoid lettuce becoming soggy. Top with croutons and serve.
Note: For a complete meal, add a cooked, cut up boneless chicken breast or two to the salad after adding the dressing and serve with French bread! And this is the perfect accompaniment to BBQ steaks!
- 3- CROUTONS -
3 slices white bread (I use French bread but reg. white is fine) butter on boths sides and cut into 1 in. cubes. Place in single layer on cookie sheet, sprinkly liberally with garlic powder and bake at 250 for a couple hours until golden brown and crispy. I usually bake them at 350 while I'm putting the dressing together but they burn quickly so watch closely if you do it that way! (If cooking slowly toss around once or twice in the pan so they brown nicely on all sides. If doing it the quick (lazy) way - you will need to turn them once halfway through.)