Listen to my heart-Beet Salad
1carrot, peeled & shredded
1apple, cored & shredded
1 cchopped fresh parsley
½ crough chopped walnuts
½ colive oil, flavor of choice
1 Tbspbalsamic vinegar of choice
1 tspraw honey
·salt and pepper to taste
·fresh herbs or seasonings of choice
How to Make Listen to my heart-Beet Salad
- Clean and peel the beet, carrot and core & peel the apple.
- Shred them using whichever method you have available. Food processor works the fastest.
- Mix the vegetables in a bowl with a pinch of salt to draw out the juices.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil and vinegar. Whisk together to emulsify. Add salt, pepper, honey and any other seasonings you prefer.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
Put into the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to eat, mix in the parsley and chopped walnuts. Enjoy!