Cali-Mex Cheddar Cheese Bean Salad
Refreshing, flavorful, fast and easy to put together, and no cooking!
I am happy to say everyone who has tried it has loved it!
It is a different take on the usual picnic, hot summer day salad. It goes with any menu, is unique, and easy to transport.
I have found the men like it as a change from potato or macaroni salad. It compliments burgers, hot dogs, ribs or chicken if you are grilling.
I think you will enjoy it too!
- 1 can(s)
- (16 oz.) each: black beans, kidney beans, and navy or great northern beans; rinsed and drained
- 1 small
- red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c
- green onions slices ( all white section with a little of the green)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh, minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 c
- diced into small chunks (small 1/2 inch) cheddar cheese (about 6 oz.)
- 3/4 c
- salsa, chunky
- lettuce leaves; if creating a plated salad presentation
How to Make Cali-Mex Cheddar Cheese Bean Salad
- 1Mix together prepped beans, red pepper, green onion slices, cilantro, and salsa of choice. Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
- 2Just before serving, toss with cheese.
- 3If serving as a salad, serve on lettuce lined plates.
When I take it to a picnic, I simply serve salad from a bowl.
Takes about 15 minutes prep time, plus chilling time. No cooking!
Use salsa of choice, mild, or hot, whatever you like best! I often make one mild, and one hotter, if I have guests who like it hot.
Very easy to double recipe.
Do not add cheese until ready to serve.