Teacherman's Citrus-Berry Terrine
2navel oranges, segments cut into bite sizes
1pink grapefruit, segments cut into bite sizes
1/3 ccold water
2packets unflavored gelatin
2 corange or grapefuit juice
3 cmixed fresh berries: blueberries, raspberries, backberries, cut up strawberries, etc
How to Make Teacherman's Citrus-Berry Terrine
- Put a double layer of paper towels on a cutting board and spread the citrus pieces out on the paper and cover with another double layer. Change when paper gets soaked.
- Put cold water in large bowl, sprinkle in the gelatin, and let it soften.
- Bring juice and sugar to boil in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour juice over gelatin and stir to dissolve. Put in refrigerator and let chill, stir occasionally until slightly thickened, similar to texture of egg whites, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Rinse a 9 x 5" loaf pan with water and shake out excess. Gently stir citrus and berries into the gelatin mixture and scrape all into the pan. Gently push gel down evenly into pan. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, dip the pan into a sinkful of hot water for a minute and run a knife around outside of pan. Unmold the terrine onto a platter, and get ready for the compliments!