Pineapple Jello Rings
I love the idea of this individual salad- it always looks so elegant on the plate with the cottage cheese. This will be great to serve with a scoop of sherbet or ice cream for a dessert dish too! You can use any flavor Jello to match the holiday season. This one is for St. Patrick's Day; use cherry or strawberry for Valentine's Day!
- 10 slice
- pineapple in a can
- 3 oz
- pkg. lime jello
- 1 lb
- container small curd cottage cheese
- lettuce leaves or
- pineapple sherbet or vanilla ice cream, optional
How to Make Pineapple Jello Rings
- 1Drain pineapple juice into a saucepan. Leave rings in the can; set aside.
Boil juice, add jello and stir until dissolved.
Slowly pour jello over pineapple rings in the can.
Tap can on counter-its hot so use pot holder; this is to remove and bubbles.
- 3When Jello is loose enough to slide out of can onto plate slice between rings and arrange on lettuce leaves in a circle.
Fill center of plate with cottage cheese, sprinkle with a little apple pie spice.
- 4If using as a dessert place each sliced ring on individual dessert plate or dish and top with a scoop of pineapple sherbet or vanilla ice cream drizzle with caramel topping.