Grandma A's Lime Gelatin Salad
I have used a Google Image until I can get my own photos.
- 2 pkg
- lime jello, 3 oz each
- 1 can(s)
- crushed pineapple, 8 oz, drained /reserve the juice
- water with pineapple juice to equal 2 cups.
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon or lime juice
- 1 1/4 c
- chopped celery
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, 8 oz, softened
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 1/3 c
- roughly chopped toasted pecans
How to Make Grandma A's Lime Gelatin Salad
- 1Place water and pineapple juice to measure 2 cups, and lemon/lime juice in a medium microwaveable mixing bowl and heat to boiling on high in microwave. 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2Stir in Lime Jello and stir to dissolve completely 2 to 3 minutes. Refrigerate until slightly thickened and "syrupy".
- 3Whip together the cream cheese and mayo til smooth. Add the drained pineapple and celery and stir to mix.
- 4When Jello mixture is thickened, stir in the cream cheese mixture until well blended. Add cottage cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
- 5Pour mixture into 9 x 12 casserole and top with chopped toasted pecans.
- 6Cover and return to refrigerator to complete setting, 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- 7To serve, cut into squares and top with a combination of whipped cream and mayonnaise mixed together. (about 1/2 and 1/2)