Christmas Pie -Knox gelatin recipe
This makes a beautiful chocolate mint holiday dessert, with whipped cream nuts and maraschino cherries..a family favorite
- 1 pkg
- knox gelatin unflavored (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar, divided
- 1 pinch
- 2 large
- eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 c
- evaporated milk (you can use regular milk)
- 1/2 tsp
- peppermint extract
- 1 c
- fresh heavy cream, whipped
- 1 or 2 fl
- drops of green food coloring
- 1 1/2 c
- chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- (a scant cup) butter
How to Make Christmas Pie -Knox gelatin recipe
- 2Remove from heat and stir in extract.
Chill mixture until it mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and gradually add the remaining sugar a little at a time. Beat until stiff.
Combine ingredient, folding gently, add green coloring to tint to shade desired. Pour into prepared pie shell. Chill until firm. At least 4 hours.
Garnish with wreath of whipped cream and garnish with nuts and cherries.