★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 bunchred or green kale
1/2 largemeyer lemon (or regular lemon)
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2 cslivered almonds
How to Make Simple Kale Salad
- Slice kale in very thin strips. I usually remove the ribs, but it's perfectly ok to keep them in there. It's prettier ribless. The method to thinly slicing kale is to roll several leaves up very tightly, like a fat cigar, and then slice with a very sharp knife.
- Chop garlic very finely & blend with juiced half lemon, olive oil & salt.
- Toss kale in the dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the kale soften with the salt.
- Garnish with slivered almonds