Hidden Valley Ranch Crunchy Peas & Pepper Salad
Rose Mary Mogan
A version of this recipe is listed in my cookbook "SHARING OUR FAVORITE RECIPES".
I like to switch it up from time to time with different ingredients, I added sweet Red bell peppers this time as well as more green onions, and I used sun flower seeds this time instead of cashews.
I love the crisp and crunchy textures of all the fresh ingredients.
The sour cream combined with the Ranch Dressing and Chopped Chive adds more flavor. The sweet red bell peppers adds color & taste. The longer it sits the better the flavor.
- 1 bag(s)
- 12 oz frozen peas, thawed & drained
- 3 stalk(s)
- 1 1/2-2 c
- chopped cauliflower
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped fine
- 1 can(s)
- 5 ounce sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 large
- red bell pepper, chopped (save some for garnish)
- 1/4 c
- real bacon bits or( 6 slices cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 1 Tbsp
- dried chopped chive
- 1 c
- sunflower seeds or chopped cashews
- leaf lettuce or kale leaves for gsrnish to line salad bowl
- 1 c
- prepared hidden valley ranch dressing
- 1/2 c
- sour cream ( i prefer using daisy brand)
How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Crunchy Peas & Pepper Salad
- 8Line a salad bowl with lettuce or Kale leaves. Then carefully pour salad into bowl. Garnish with additional chopped red bell peppers if desired. Top with crumbled bacon just before you are ready to serve. HAVING A CROWD, FEEL FREE TO DOUBLE THE RECIPE. if SERVING LATER, PLEASE WRAP AND REFRIGERATE TILL NEEDED.