Fat Free Spinach Strawberry Salad
I found this recipe on www.annies-eats.net She has some wonderful recipes for cupcakes and lots of other great dishes. Enjoy!
This pic was taken on Easter sunday 2011. It was so scrumptious!
** In the winter when fresh strawberries are scarce or not good quality when found, I peel and slice fresh pears on this salad and make the dressing with thawed frozen strawberries. It's a delicious combination as well.
- baby spinach leaves
- sliced almonds raw or toasted for topping
- sliced strawberries for topping
- 1 c
- sliced strawberries
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar (i use red wine vinegar)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- champagne (i use chardonnay)
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar or make it lower sugar with agave or stevia
- 1 pinch
- i ended up using a little more vinegar and sugar so i say make it so it tastes good to your taste
How to Make Fat Free Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 1Depending on how many you need to serve, how much spinach, almonds and strawberries you will need to use. Wash spinach leaves and dry thoroughly. Place in large serving bowl. Top with sliced strawberries and sliced almonds. Chill in fridge while you make the dressing. I prefer at least an hour chill time.
- 2In blender or food processor place dressing ingredients. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Seal in container and chill with salad in fridge.
- 3When ready to serve, dress salad with strawberry dressing or serve the dressing on the side. That way if there is leftover salad, It won't be soggy the next day. You can enjoy it the same as the first day. Enjoy!
- 4Annie says this recipe is inspired by Epicurious. A few notes she added were: you can replace the champagne with white wine and it will still be good. Another option is to use 3 Tbl champagne vinegar in place of the apple cidar vinegar & champagne. She says she buys the tiny bottles of champagne for cooking so she doesn't have to waste a big bottle. That wouldn't get wasted at my house. : D