My Favorite Jello Salad
I like the sweet, sour tangy cherries and creamy taste. It's my families favortie Jello salad.
My cousin, Joannie, first made this back in the 60s. She gave me the recipe and it's been on my Holiday menu ever since.
- small pkgs. cherry jello
- small pkg. cream cheese
- small carton sour cream
- small carton small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- 14.5 oz. can of sour cherries, drained and reserve juice
How to Make My Favorite Jello Salad
- 1Spray a jello mold with Pam. Set in refrigerator and chill.
Drain the can of sour cherries and reserve the cherry flavored water.
- 2Take the reserved juice and measure it, to the juice add water till it measures 1 3/4 cup and bring to boil in a pan. Add the jello and boil till jello is dissolved. Place jello in a dish and refrigerate. When the jello has slightly thickened add the cherries and stir a little. Pour into your jello mold. Chill till hard set.
- 3Mix cream cheese and part of the sour cream and the nuts to make a spreadable consistance. Spread over the first hardened jello that has the cherries in it.
Place back in the refrig to hard set.
- 4To the second package of jello, add only 1 3/4 cup water and bring to boil. Set in refrig till slightly thickened. Add the cottage cheese and beat well.
Pour this over the cream cheese and nut mixture.
Chill until harden.
Unmold and serve.
- 5To unmold the Jello...dip mold in warm water for a second or two. Place a chilled plate on top, flip, and shake.