Fruity - Nutty Chicken salad...
Blue Ribbon Recipe
My husband is a real fan of chicken salad so I often look to him as quite the authority on the matter... and he simply loves this recipe! I chop the apples into very small pieces and really like the way it turns out.
Note: If you don’t have a pressure cooker, just roast your chicken in the oven at 325 for 30 minutes.
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!] The Test Kitchen
5 largeboneless, skinless chicken breast.
1 bunchseedless grapes
2 largered "d" apples
1 pkgchopped walnuts
1 pkgchopped pecans
How to Make Fruity - Nutty Chicken salad...
- Well I use a pressure cooker but you can boil chicken breast.
- Place 5 breast in pressure cooker season ( I use seasoning salt, Garlic powder, Pepper and Emeral's bam stuff) Then add water to cover +1-2" and cook for 20 - 25 mins.
- In a big bowl...no bigger! Shred chicken breast (Remove all fat as you go)
- Add grapes I usually cut mine in 4-6 pieces...nice little chunks.
- Add a good covering of walnuts and pecans.
- Add the Red "D" apples...I cut mine into maybe 1/2" chunks. I peel mine but you may like the skin...
- Add a good coating of Mayo...salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so you get a little of everything in every bite.
- I like mine on regular old saltine crackers but I am sure it would be good on toast as well. It is even good by itself.