Fruit Terrine (Red White & Blue!)
- 2 c
- white grape-peach juice (or juice of choice)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- agar powder (or gelatin powder)
- 2 Tbsp
- *optional, agave nectar or honey (use to sweeten, if your fruit is a bit tart)
- 10 oz
- fresh strawberries
- fresh bananas
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh blueberries
How to Make Fruit Terrine (Red White & Blue!)
- 1Put one cup of the juice in a saucepan, and sprinkle the agar over it; allow it to soften for a few minutes. Heat on medium-high, stirring, until the agar is completely dissolved and the juice begins to boil.
- 2Stir in the remaining juice and the agave (*optional) and remove from heat. Allow the agar mixture to cool slightly while you prepare the fruit. Be sure to stir the juice every minute or so.
- 3Remove the stems from the strawberries and slice them lengthwise. Place them on the bottom of a loaf pan, prettiest sides down. Slice the bananas and place them on top of the strawberries. Put the blueberries in an even layer on top of the bananas.
- 4Gently pour the juice mixture evenly over the berries. Working quickly, distribute the mixture evenly in pan.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled and jelled.
- 6To serve:
Carefully run a knife along the edge of the mold (you may want to lower the pan into a large bowl or sink full of hot tap water for a few seconds to free the mold)
Invert over a platter