Cranberry Christmas Salad
- 2 - 15oz can(s)
- jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 lg
- peeled apples, any variety, grated
- 1/2 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/3 c
- chopped walnuts
- fresh parsley as garnish, if desired
- maraschino cherries as garnish, if desired
How to Make Cranberry Christmas Salad
- 1Mix grated apples and cranberry sauce in large bowl and mix well. Place in 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan and put in refrigerator until set.
- 2Whip the heavy cream. Then add the vanilla, walnuts, and powdered sugar and mix until well blended. Pour on top of cranberry/apple mixture. Garnish with cherries and parsley, if desired. Place in freezer.
- 3After mixture has set in freezer sufficiently, cut into squares, cover, and keep frozen until time for use. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes prior to serving.