Cinnamon Apple Salad 1963
This is one of those simple but elegant recipes that gives a lovely presentation for a special occasion.
It could easily switch from "salad" to "dessert", too.
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- cinnamon drops (tiny red candies)
- 1/2 tsp
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1 medium
- apple per person (any kind you like)
- lettuce leaf (or a small amount of shredded lettuce) per apple
- 2 Tbsp
- softened cream cheese per apple
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped walnuts (or pecans) per apple
IN A SAUCE PAN MAKE A SYRUP OF:
PARE AND CORE:
NOTE: This should be enough syrup for 4-6 apples -- if you need more just had half again of the ingredients and make more!! It all cooks the same.
Place on lettuce leaf
Fill centers with softened cream cheese and nuts